Medicare Wellness Services:
Billing for Medicare wellness services can be a huge pain point for any primary care practice. However, the pain is well worth it when you consider that providing these services can result in tens of thousands of additional reimbursement dollars for your practice. These services can reimburse up to $174 per visit.
Listed below are some strategies to ensure success and compliance with Medicare Wellness Services:
- Schedule appointment slots for at least 45-60 minutes
- Provide resources and patient education regarding benefits and coverage of these services
- Utilize your ancillary staff for the initial portion of preventive visits to save valuable provider time
- Establish medical necessity for ordering ancillary tests as a result of these visits
- Clinical documentation incorporates all required measures and metrics as specified by Medicare