Reminder, ACA Section 1557 Compliance Began Sunday, October 16th!
All practices – regardless of practice size – are required to post the non-discrimination notice and taglines. Follow theses easy steps to ensure your practice is compliant.
Post Notice of Nondiscrimination
– Download PDF.
– Enter practice name.
– Print/post in office.
– Post PDF to your website.
Arrange for a Language Assistance Provider
– Download list of language assistance providers.
– Select a provider.
– Establish a relationship.
Make a Tag Lines Poster
– Identify the top 15 languages in your state.
– Download the example PDF.
– Enter practice name & language assistance provider phone. Download language verbiage and copy into template.
– Print/post in clinic.
Establish Civil Rights Grievance Procedure
– Only required for covered entities with 15 or more employees.
– Designate a Civil Rights Grievance Officer.
– Put Civil Rights Grievance Procedure in place and document.
Complete Online Attestation
– Go to OCR attestation portal.
– Submit Assurance of Compliance.
This is required for all practices receiving government funding (ie. Medicare Parts A, C & D [NOT B], Medicaid, Meaningful Use, etc.)