New Plan Information
On October 31, 2016, Hewlett Packard Enterprises (HPE) will assume fiscal agent operations on behalf of Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program) and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+). These operations include the transition to the Colorado interChange (a new claims payment system) and a new provider Web Portal.
Claims Payment Delays
During the transition to the new Colorado interChange, there will be a delay in payments for ALL providers. The length of delay will depend on the type of claim you’re submitting. The Department recognizes that payment delays can create challenges for providers, which is why we’re providing this information now so you can plan accordingly. Unfortunately, these delays are unavoidable and no exceptions can be made.
Find more detail about these dates on the Provider Resources web page.
Paper pharmacy or medical claims (i.e. all paper claims)
- The last day Xerox will accept paper claims is 10/7/16
- These claims will be processed (as usual) and paid the week of 10/11/16 or 10/18/16 (as usual)
- Claims that don’t make this deadline will be held and processed on or after 10/31/16
- If you only submit paper claims, you will not receive another payment until the week of 11/7/16
Electronic medical claims (and encounters)
- The last day Xerox will accept electronic medical claims is 10/21/16
- These claims will be processed (as usual) and paid the week of 10/24/16 (as usual)
- Claims that don’t make this deadline will be denied and will need to be resubmitted on or after 10/31/16
- If you only submit electronic medical claims, you will not receive another payment until the week of 11/7/16
Electronic pharmacy claims (and encounters)
- The last day Xerox will accept electronic pharmacy claims is 10/30/16
- Claims submitted before 10/21/16 will be processed and paid (as usual)
- Claims submitted between 10/22/16 and 10/28/16 will be paid the week of 11/7/16 (one-week delay)
- Claims submitted 10/29/16 or 10/30/16 will be paid the week of 11/7/16 (as usual)
- Claims submitted on or after 10/31/26 will be processed and paid (as usual)
Provider IDs and Portal Logins
Your Provider ID number will be changing. Starting on October 31, 2016, claims must be submitted using your new provider ID number. Your new provider ID number will be sent out via email on October 15, 2016.
Your provider Web Portal login information will be changing. The new provider Web Portal will be launching on October 31, 2016. You will receive additional instructions for Web Portal registration when you receive your new Provider ID on October 15, 2016.
Note: You will NOT need the password you used to submit your application for revalidation/enrollment or your 5-digit application tracking number.
Your batch claims submitter MUST apply for a new Trading Partner ID (TPID). To avoid any delay in claims submission, ensure your submitter starts their Trading Partner enrollment soon. Your submitter can learn more information about applying for a new TPID on the EDI Support web page.
Important Dates and Training Opportunities
Please visit the Provider Resources web page for a list of important dates, training availability for the new provider Web Portal, and additional information.