A few months ago, we paired with Novitas Solutions, INC. as our new Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC). Effective October 29, 2012, Novitas Solutions, Inc. will begin handling all fee-for-service claims processing for the Part A providers.
In order to facilitate a smooth Part A JH transition, please take note of the following important dates:
EDI Claims Submission
- TrailBlazer will accept all Part A EDI claims submissions until 4 p.m. CT on October 25, 2012.
- TrailBlazer will not process Part A EDI claims on Friday, October 26, 2012.
- Novitas Solutions will begin accepting EDI claims submissions using the new JH contractor ID/payer IDs after 5 p.m. CT on October 26, 2012.
- Novitas Solutions will accumulate any claims received from 5 p.m., October 26, 2012, through 5 p.m., October 29, 2012, and will enter the accumulated claims into the FISS processing system on October 29, 2012.
- Part A ERAs will be created during the October 29, 2012 cycle and will be available for mailbox retrieval on October 30, 2012.
- Last TrailBlazer Part A ERA/EFT cycle will be October 26, 2012.
- First Novitas Part A ERA/EFT cycle will be October 30, 2012. Note: The delivery of the ERA may be delayed daily the week of the transition to validate accuracy prior to distribution. A listserv will be sent daily when the files are available for retrieval.
P.O. Boxes and Mail
- The last day to submit Part A paper documents to the TrailBlazer post office boxes is Friday, October 26, 2012.
- Effective October 29, 2012, all Part A documents must be mailed to the Novitas Solutions facility located in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, using the specific post office boxes referenced in the Novitas September 24, 2012 JH Transition SIPP IV and V Newsletter.
- TrailBlazer will continue to accept all other Part A work through Friday, October 26. Any open/pending Part A work as of October 26 will be forwarded to and finalized by Novitas Solutions.
Contact Centers and IVR
- TrailBlazer will continue to answer Part A provider telephone inquiries and offer IVR service through 4 p.m. CT, Friday, October 26, 2012.
- Due to a system dark day at Novitas Solutions, the Customer Contact Center, including claim corrections, general, EDI and provider enrollment inquiries, will be closed on Monday, October 29.
- Novitas Solutions will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, October 30. The Novitas Solutions’ Customer Contact Center will be open normal business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT.
- Novitas’ Contact Center toll-free number is (855) 252-8782.
Part A Enrollment Application Processing Timeline
- TrailBlazer stopped processing Part A enrollment applications October 17, 2012. All applications related to this activity pending or received on or after October 17 will be held and forwarded to Novitas Solutions on October 29, 2012.
Audit and Reimbursement Paperwork Processing Timeline
- TrailBlazer stopped all Audit and Reimbursement workload activities October 12, 2012. All workload related to this activity pending or received on or after October 12 will be held and forwarded to Novitas on October 29, 2012.